We are a family-owned and operated independent insurance agency. But why is choosing an independent insurance agent the best way to go?
Advertisements promising significant savings on your insurance in exchange for just a few minutes of your time may be enticing, but it’s important to question what you may be losing for this drop in dollars and how comprehensive your coverage is if designed in just a few minutes’ time.
Price represents just one of many important factors in the insurance industry. In fact, finding the right coverage for your needs often involves research, but you don’t need to conduct this research alone. Instead, you can opt to work with an independent insurance agent, who will review many different insurance companies’ rates and coverage options to determine the best fit for you. You can try to save 15 percent on your insurance in 15 minutes, but here are 10 reasons to consider working with an independent insurance agent instead:
1. Customer Service – If you have coverage questions or worse, need to report a claim, would you rather reach an automated recording or an actual person when you call your insurance provider? More and more companies have switched to automated systems, often making it difficult and time-consuming to reach the right person. However, at our agency, an actual person will still answer your call and assist you. In the unfortunate event of a claim, we can help you report the claim as well as make sure your claim is handled in the manner you deserve.
2. Personal Shoppers – Working with an independent insurance agent can be compared to having a personal shopper. Similar to the way in which a real estate agent sorts through properties to help you find your ideal home, we review many different insurance companies’ rates and coverage options to help you secure policies that best suit your needs. You may believe that this comes at an additional cost to you, but we do not add extra charges to insurance companies’ rates. So you can choose to work with us to handle your coverage needs, assist you with claims reporting, and answer any questions you may have, from billing issues to coverage concerns, always advocating on your behalf, at no additional cost to you.
3. Community Involvement – In addition to assisting you, we are active in our local community. As local business owners, we place a strong emphasis on giving back to the community.
4. Local Knowledge – Another local benefit you may not think of is your agent’s knowledge of your community. As local residents, we have lived in Traverse City for decades and use our knowledge of the community to help you better reduce your risks and protect your assets. For instance, would an insurance company in the South be as familiar with New England’s high water tables in the spring that increase flood risks? If not, this provider may not be as likely to recommend basement water coverage, which is typically not included in a standard policy.
5. Understanding – We understand that insurance can seem complicated and confusing, especially when you don’t deal with it on a daily basis. For this reason, we will work to ensure that you fully understand your coverage, from what is and is not included, to the deductibles and limits you should carry. After you purchase your policies, our work isn’t over – instead, we are available year-round to help answer your questions, update your policy, and make coverage recommendations.
6. One-Stop Shops – You can take care of many of your coverage needs at once, limiting the number of different companies you deal with and helping you stay organized. For example, if you own a small business, you can secure commercial insurance coverage and insure your car and home.
7. Reputation – Reputation plays a crucial role in finding an insurance agency you can trust, and we take pride in the decades we have spent serving our local community. Not only can our agencies many years of service speak to its well-established reputation in the community, but it can also help you feel confident about its financial stability. Although there are many different ways to obtain insurance, would you rather obtain a quote from a startup Internet-based insurance provider that advertised on television, or call a local agent who your friends, co-workers, and neighbors could recommend?
8. Knowledge – When you require legal advice, you contact a lawyer, and when a health issue arises, you visit your doctor, so when you need assistance with your insurance coverage, why not rely on an industry expert? In addition to having many years of experience in the industry, we have also worked with many different insurance companies and are knowledgeable about their individual strengths. Although one insurance company may provide unmatched claims service, another may offer more competitive rates. Based on what’s most important to you, whether it be a company’s service, rates, financial stability, or a combination of all three factors, we will find the best match for you.
9. Saving Money & Time – Insurance companies that promise to drastically reduce your rates in minutes may seem cost-effective at first, but working with an independent agent can save you money and time over the long term. Instead of providing you with an instant rate, independent agents will ask questions and take the time to familiarize themselves with your business to ensure that the coverage they design will adequately protect you and your assets in the event of a claim.
10. Protection & Peace of Mind – Above all, working with us will provide you with peace of mind, knowing that when you save money on your insurance, it won’t come at the expense of comprehensive coverage. When it comes to protecting your home, family, business, and other invaluable assets, relying on an independent agent you can trust is a great place to start.